Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Itsy, Bitsy, Spider...



Okay, this spider was not itsy or bitsy... it was HUGE! Luckily it was in the backyard and not something I found in my house!
The boys came in from playing outside screaming about this huge spider they found in this huge web. Of course I thought they were exaggeraing, but they weren't. It really was BIG! I'm not sure what kind it was, but it looked creepy! I could see the distinct markings on it so we took a picture. I'm going to have to have Darren look it up online and get us a name for it. Gross, huh?

6 comments:

Maggie said...

According to our dear Terminix friend that is a sun spider. We have TONS of them and they really get huge. Luckily they like the sun so you probably won't find them in your house very often...although that is what I found in my washing machine :-)

Nicole said...

Oh!! I remember the washing maching spider on your blog. I think that's what made me think to take a picture of this one! Sun spider... good to know!

Melissa C. said...

Seriously, that is FREAKY! Remember that time there was a huge spider hanging from the tree in front of my condo, and you saw it there, but I was too scared to kill it, so you sprayed it with Raid for me? OK, maybe you don't remember that, but I do. I HATE spiders. Luckily, since we have pest control, we rarely see any around here. Thank goodness!

Melanie Jacobson said...

Oh, yuck. My mom had super spidey senses. She could find them any where. Disgusting!

Nicole said...

That's funny, Melanie. Didn't know that about my aunt. :-)

Melissa - I totally remember that! Well, not until you mentioned it, but yes, I remember and that was funny! Allison tries to pick up spiders or bugs when she sees them. She says "Mommy, I get it, I touch it?" No fear. I guess I won't have to be the one killing spiders much longer.

Beccarigg said...

Eewwww! I hate spiders! They give me the major heebie jeebies! cool picture though!