Friday, October 10, 2008

Yes on Prop 8!!


 
Posted by Picasa



This was a great experience for me and my kids! We walked in the Moorpark Country Days Parade with a large group supporting Proposition 8! It's an annual community parade, but in almost 10 years of living here, we've never attended. We made quite an impression, I think. The kids handed out candy to people on the sidelines, we passed out Prop 8 flyers, and chanted as we walked down High Street, gaining support for our cause. We had a turn out of almost 350 people marching with us. It was incredible! After the parade we got to walk around the booths set up by various groups/businesses in our community. We got some yummy Kettle Korn, made crafts, recieved handouts, face-painting, climbed in emergency vehicles, etc. It was fun! I'm glad my kids could be a part of this important cause, and hope they have learned the importance of being involved and supporting what you know to be right. It sprinkled, rained, and down-poured on us off and on, but that just made the event more memorable. Remember to Vote on Nov. 4th! Yes on 8! 10-4-08

6 comments:

Maggie said...

That is awesome! What a great example. How wonderful to have so many come out in force to show their support for what is right!!!

Emily said...

Wow!!! We need to do that out here. I hope you got some positive feed back from the community.

rebecca said...

Could our stake be any more involved in Prop 8? I think it's so cool that it rained during the parade. And yay! I made your blog. :)

Beccarigg said...

VERY cool! What a cool way to support a great cause! Wish I could've been there to march with you guys!

Monica said...

What an impressive banner!
Now, I'm craving kettle corn. LOL
~Monica

Kate said...

Can't believe tonight is the night!! and soooooooooo close!!!