Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Party!!

Our friends, the Pinneo's, hosted their annual Halloween Costume Party! It was tons of fun, as usual. There were games, yummy food, friends, and prizes for best costumes. It's so fun to see what everyone comes up with from year to year. Here are some of this year's: Remember to click on pictures for enlarged view!

 
Posted by Picasa


Jason & I went as Popeye and Olive Oyl. What do you think?

 

left to right: Zeediks as Cowboy/Cowgirl, Gredings & Gredings as Scooby Doo Gang (they got my vote!), Liddells representing Star Wars, Matthews as 50's, Adams as demented bunnies I think, Pinneos as Daddy Warbucks & Miss Hannigan (from Annie & Mandy played the part so well--she was hysterical!), Wrights as trees hanging a laundry line.

 

Ustach (our bishop) as Spartan Cheerleaders, Zierenbergs as pirates, Middlebrooks as Head-less horseman, Hanshaw as Bride & Groom w/ Yes on Prop 8 sticker, Murrays as Black Widow, Jen Overholt (her hubby was home sick- he was supposed to complete the group) and the Hymas' as KISS, Egglestons as McCain/Palin (doesn't she look great?), Garrets as a witch and a snow skiier.

 

Hansens, Wildes as heat meiser and frost meiser, Birds as Sonny & Cher, Heathcotes as Monkeys, Weymouths as gruesome Bride & Groom saying "Don't Kill Marriage -Vote Yes on Prop 8", Stewarts as Juno & an I-pod commercial, Emerys as rockers, Roberts as "Yes" on "8"


Thanks Pinneos for another fantastic party! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with next year! I already have a couple ideas for next-year's costume!! Shhh... I won't tell. By the way, 1st place was McCain/Palin, 2nd place by one point was Scooby Doo Gang, and 3rd place was the Trees. Great job everyone! Very clever!!!

19 comments:

rebecca said...

You guys looked so cute! You did not give your self enough credit in this post. Brag a little, Nicole! The ribbon, the eyelet lace, your black hair, Jason's arms . . . all of it was genius! You totally pulled it all together. I loved you guys!

Happy Halloween! Good times.

Nicole said...

Thanks Rebecca! You're a doll!

Brigette Little said...

How fun! You guys look fantastic. Fun to see some other familiar faces there!

CinnaPatty said...

Hilarious costumes. You guys look great! I like your shoes! :)

CinnaPatty said...

ps, is that a wig or did you dye your hair? The resemblance to Olive is uncanny! You go girl!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

I used that black hair spray. I had my hair in a little ponytail poking out the back the way she does. It turned out pretty good. My friend Kate found those shoes just hours before the party at a thrift store for $2.00. Funny, huh?

Melissa C. said...

It's killing me reading everyone's blog posts about the Pinneo's party! I get more jealous with each one! You guys look fabulous!

Monica said...

You two look perfect! I've almost selected this for a Halloween costume(s) several years now. You've proven me correct--that it could turn out fabulous; although I doubt I would have gotten it quite right. It certainly wouldn't have reached your authentic-looking level.
And thank you ... I finally made it onto the blog. LOL Looks really good. ~Monica

Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

HOW FUN!!!! Pretty clever, you and Jason look so GOOD, pretty clever costumes. Your Hair Nicole looks great!!!!!! Great job on your costumes. Looks like you had such a fun time, great friends, great traditions. This is the first chance I've had to look at yours and Em's blogs.

Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

Great contumes! Looks like a lot of fun! I noticed John & Sarah had time to visit your party. Mom & I spent holloween at dinner out and a show, we saw "Fireproof" and recommend everyone to see it, taught true principles. You and Jay have a wonderful family. Keep up the good job.
Love, Dad

Laura said...

Cute post, Nicole! It took me a year to come up with the clothesline costume idea...at what point do we get to repeat?

Beccarigg said...

Ahh! I'm so bummed that we moved out before the famous Pinneo parties began!! Everyone looks so incredible! I love it! How fun to have an adults only costume party! You are PERFECT as Popeye and Olive! Everyone else looks so great too! Such fun and creative ideas!

Jill said...

That was such a fun night and everyone looked so good. The costumes get better each year.

Heather said...

I'm so impressed with everyones creativity! I can barely talk my husband into putting on the Cesear costume I bought about 6 years ago (and he doesn't even have to wear makeup or anything). Looks like a great time!

AmyJune said...

You guys were sooo cute.

Melanie Jacobson said...

Your costumes were such a cute idea!

Kate said...

I love your stance with your leg kicked back! You really pulled of Olive Oyl and Popeye so completely well! And look at you- miss skinny next to buff and muscley!!

Maggie said...

You guys are adorable. The costumes were fabulous. I think it is so cool that all of your friends are so creative and come up with such cute couple costumes. It looks like it was a really fun night.