Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It was great to have Daddy home for both Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day this year. That is rare and we really made the most of it.
Christmas morning began with Darren waking at 6:30am and stating that "even though my lip may be half off, I'm still a kid and I'm going down to see what Santa brought!" I'm glad he was feeling good after the prior night's ordeal. Luckily the other kids didn't wake us again until 7:30am when Jason & I finally relented and got up. We tried to get Alli to wait for us to get up but she raced us down the stairs! I could barely grab the camera in time. Santa brought her the baby bunk bed she asked for! She was so excited, even though the photo doesn't really show it!


Santa also puts a new ornament in each child's stocking. This year I got the idea from a friend to take a picture of each ornament. I write name/year on the ornaments to help us remember too.


Santa again was gracious in giving the desired gifts to the other kids.
Blake: favorite Star Wars Lego set


Ryan: Birdhouse skateboard which to his surprise came with a backpack


Darren: the airsoft pistol he desperately wanted, although this picture is BEFORE he opened it.


After opening the plethora of gifts Mommy made the traditional Christmas morning breakfast of waffles, bacon, eggs, OJ, etc. Then we enjoyed our day playing with new toys and activities, and just enjoying our family time together!


4 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

I love those ornaments! :) Darren's does look like Joshua's! :) I gave up writing on them a long time ago, but then again, I only have two kids so they know which ones are theirs!

rebecca said...

Love Allie's a!

Emily said...

Love those baby beds...Gwen would go crazy....

Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

What a fun Christmas you all had. Thanks for sharing the photos with all of us. The ornaments are really clever idea to remember their Christmas. Allie's Bunk Beds for her Babies is the cutest thing ever!!!Santa was good to everyone!!! Love Mom and Dad H.