Saturday, December 5, 2009

Skate Park

Our little city of Moorpark just built an AMAZING outdoor skate park. They expanded on a city park, and added a basketball court, big kid play set, and skate park, complete with empty swimming pool for the skaters! We went to the grand opening ceremonies and were among the first to try it out. Ryan loved it. (I'm still trying to figure out where $2 million came from for this project when we had to lay off school teachers this year and the kids teachers are asking me to bring in pencils and copy paper). Anyway, I guess we'll use it since it's there. It really is pretty cool.






1 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Wow! That's impressive! I bet the boys were in heaven!

I was laughing about your comment about bringing in pencils and copy paper. I remember when I was teaching out there just being blown away at how pathetic our budget was for necessary classroom supplies! I also remember my classroom sizes bursting at the seams. 37 kids in one class! That just seems ridiculous, but I guess our education system is still a work in progress : )