Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mamma Mia!!



Jason had to work the entire weekend of Mother's Day. Bummer. But he sure made it up to me! He left me flowers and a card which had tickets for the following weekend to see Mamma Mia at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza! We went to dinner at PF Changs and walked over to the theater. This was no second rate show.... it was Broadway quality! We had the best time!! It was a fantastic production and I'm so grateful for the thoughtful gift from my hubby! Thanks for a great evening honey! (and thanks Mom for babysitting.... again!)

As for my actual Mother's Day... my boys sure stepped up to the plate with Daddy gone. I got up to get ready for 9am church, and got a knock on my bathroom door that "breakfast is ready." Darren had got up early (he NEVER gets up early or easily so I know that was a sacrifice) and made me waffles (EGGO brand) with cut up strawberries, cinnamon roll, and scrambled eggs. So sweet!! All the boys helped serve and cater to me with juice, napkin, whatever I needed. They continued their doting behavior throughout the day. Darren took charge of wrapping a couple gifts and having the kids all sign the card. I really felt loved and appreciated by my sweet kids. It's nice to know they still love me, even after all the mistakes I make as their Mom!

11 comments:

Melissa C. said...

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day. That picture of you and Jason is SO GOOD! You look great! Look at how skinny you are! Totally not fair. :)

Emily said...

I love the picture of you two! You guys look so beautiful! I am so impressed with Darren making you breakfast. How thoughtful! I am glad that you had a good Mother's Day.

Maggie said...

That is so sweet of Jason! It's great that your kids would all work together to make your Mother's Day wonderful. You look fabulous in that picture. What a cute couple! We love you guys!

Helen said...

I'm going to call you skinny minnie from now on. Seriously. What is your secret!

That is so sweet of your boys! I can't believe they did all of that for you...lucky!

Also, Barry just mentioned the other day about wanting to see Mama Mia...and I said no its too expensive! hmmm...maybe i'll bring it up again! haha.

nikki said...

You look so beautiful Nicole! I'm glad you enjoyed my show! j/k!

Heather said...

How fun!!! I love it when the ment come up with great ideas on their own! You look fantastic in that picture!

Kate said...

That is so so sweet of your kids to pamper you so well on their own!! What an adorable Mother's Day gift to you!

Fabulous shot of the two of you. You look amazing, Nicole! So glad you got to see such a fantastic show. Great idea for a great mom!

Kate said...

ps the title is so appropo!

The Hoggan Family said...

Wow, Mama Mia Nicole...When did you become a Super Model????? You look gorgeous! How fun to be pampered!

g said...

You look gorgeous! It sounds like you had a really great Mother's Day :) Go, Jason!

Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

Hot Mommy Nicole, beautiful photo of you Nicole, and of course Jason is handsome as always. Glad that you were pampered on Mother's Day by your sons and husband. Jason always has been thoughtful! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Love Papa and Nana