Sunday, May 25, 2008

Father-Son Campout!


I love the Father-Son Campout! I think it's such a great opportunity for Jason and his boys to bond. What a great annual tradition! This year's outing was this past Friday night, May 23-24th. Why then, do you ask, is this empty picture here at the top of my "Father-Son Campout" post? It is there because there is nothing else to represent that wonderful outing. My husband and 3 boys went to the campout. They pitched a tent. They built a fire. They roasted marshmallows. They played. They got rained on. And is there ONE single picture of any of that? No. I personally put the camera in the car. I gave instructions that pictures must be taken for our family photo scrapbook/blog/etc. And yet, there is not ONE picture. What is a Mom to do?

3 comments:

Melissa C. said...

LOL! Our Father-Son campout is coming up this weekend. In the past I haven't even sent a camera with David, but I'm going to attempt it this time. We'll see if I end up with the same amount of pictures as you. :)

Maggie said...

You are too funny. Usually Jason is so good about taking blog worthy photos. Grant did better than usual on this year's father and sons but he took a fabulous picture of our friend Robert and his three boys in front of the lake....where was the picture of my husband and sons in front of the lake???? There wasn't one because he didn't think to do the same. arrgghh

Kate said...

Typical! I did the same for Mark, but then the batteries didn't work. Luckily, Tony captured a few pics. You are awesome to still document this annual, special event!!