Monday, February 16, 2009

Jumprope Team!

 

 

 

Ryan made the jumprope team at school this year. He had to try out, and was the only 2nd grade boy to make the team which is made up of 2nd-5th graders. This was his first performance. We were very proud of him and his dedication to weekly practices after school, and excited to see how much he had learned.
Posted by Picasa

Here is Ryan doing the "egg-beater." This is because there are two jump ropes going, and they pass a basketball back and forth to each other. Ryan is at the very end, and gets cut off but you get the idea.


In this video clip Ryan is the 3rd to jump in. I think they call this one "rainbow."

6 comments:

Emily said...

A jump rope team? How cool is that.

rebecca said...

I so wish WC had jumprope team. I had no idea Ryan was on the team. It looks so fun. Great job, Ryan.

Jill said...

How fun! Maybe he can jump rope with Jenedy. Wasn't she on a jump rope team?!?

Beccarigg said...

That is awesome! I agree with Rebecca, I wish we had a jump rope team growing up! That is the coolest! That's neat that he was the only 2nd grader to make the team too! I guess all that dirt biking has helped him be a super coordinated kid! ; )

Maggie said...

That is really cool. I've never heard of a school with a jump rope team. I wish we had one at our elementary school. Looks like fun!

Heather said...

That is great for the coordination and the exercise! Way to go Ryan!