Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Yosemite!


Sorry for all the collages, but just like in my scrapbooks, I can't just pick one or two pictures to represent such a big event!
We just spent a week camping in Yosemite - our favorite camping spot. We look forward to it all year long and we're never disappointed! We got an even extra treat this year as Jason's parents, his sister Emily and her husband Ty and their son Daylen, joined us for the last 3 days of our week. We had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect! Can't wait til next summer! Here's some of what we did:
1. family shot in front of Half-Dome 2. our beautiful camp site on the Merced River 3.my tough boys at the top of Vernal Falls -long hike uphill carrying fishing poles to fish at the pool on top 4.bear in tree eating apples while we bike past him 5.Mom & Alli playing in water at camp site 6.Dad & Alli on hike to falls 7. Alli & Daylen feeding the ducks 8. raft wars! 9.Junior Ranger Walk -holding a skinned animal-the boys earned a J.Ranger pin and patch doing various activities during the week 10. Nana & Papa w/ the kids 11.Group shot-the photo crop took away the beautiful view of Valley 12. Mother-daughter moment at Vernal Falls 13. My handsome Junior Rangers! 14. Alli loves the water w/ Daddy 15. paddle down river -one of our favorite events in Yosemite 16. an Alli & Nana moment 17. bike riding is another of our favorite past times in the Valley - we bike all over the place! It's a blast! 18.Aragon family 19. My boys! Beautiful waterful hike -I was so proud of the kids for making the hike with no complalints! 20. more water playtime 21. gone fishin'! 22.Group shot at the Vernal Falls 23. the boys are having casting contests 24. mama bear and her cub - Jay & the boys followed her for a while - Mom & Alli nervously stayed back 25. Our Family
~Thanks for sharing in our fun. Hope you enjoy the photos. Click on collage to see up close!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Melissa C. said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Your family is so cute!

Stacie said...

What a fun time! I miss doing things like that. We camped alot when I was a kid. Maybe someday I'll convince my family how much fun it can be.

Maggie said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. Let us know when you are going next year and maybe we can come up for a bit and join you. Cute pictures!!

rebecca said...

That look just fabulous! I want to go! Every picture is so precious. That last family picture is so great! What a fun family and a fun vacation.

Helen said...

Isn't Yosemite the best! I just love it..so beautiful. Love your pics!

Kate said...

Great pictures, great fun! What an awesome family shot in front of the waterfall, and how appropo for the "Our Cup Runneth Over" caption. Just perfect! Glad you had a wonderful vacation, and glad you're back to play for the rest of the summer with us!

g said...

Your family is so adorable. Alli looks Just. Like. You. She is beautiful! I love all of your pictures; I so need to add more to my blog. I'm so excited that we can keep in touch this way! Love you!

amy jensen said...

Great pictures for great memories. It is fun to have fabulous family traditions and memories to remember for years to come! Love it.

M said...

WOW! Looks like a fun trip - I was looking at this at my inlaws so, Ruth Ann thought it was fun to see some people she knows too! Those kids grow too fast, your baby is ONE - Amazing!

AmyJune said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

Yeah, Papa and Nana finally found your blog! Wow, awesome photos of Yosemite! We had such a great time. Thanks for inviting us to share in your family vacation time.
Great photos! It could not have been more beautiful, the scenery, the company, the dutch oven peach cobbler, yum! A memory we will treasure forever! Hugs & Kisses Papa and Nana

Emily said...

I love the photos! We had a blast going to Yosemite, and would definetly do it again. We love you guys!