Thursday, August 23, 2007

Under Construction!


We are excited to have our room addition half way done. I was going to do before and after photos, but it will still be a few weeks, so here's the before and halfway photos. The first 4 were from the first day. They tore off the stucco from the outside of the house, took out the windows on the two walls and put up plywood. After the concrete was removed on day 2, the middle pic is Blake & Ryan standing in the trench for the footings. The new foundation was poured on day 7 and framing began day 9. It was finished by day 14. Not bad for 2 weeks in to this. They are currently doing roofing, and Jason did the insulation and air ducting himself. Electrical is done. This Sat. we'll start the interior drywall. I'll keep updating pics. So exciting!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Melissa C. said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see what it looks like all finished! Are you going to use it as a bedroom? Playroom?

Helen said...

That is exciting!

Kate said...

Wow, it's really coming together! Can't wait to see it first hand.

Nicole said...

It's a den/computer/tv/playroom for now. When Alli can't fit in her closet room anymore, we'll put her in Darren's room and Darren in this new room.

rebecca said...

So great Nicole! You told me you were concerned about taking away the kids' play area outside, but you haven't even touched the grass with the addition. I don't think they'll miss a little slab of concrete. It looks so great and I can't wait to see it finished. All the noise and mess will be so worth it in a few weeks. There's nothing better than a playroom for keeping the rest of the house in (some kind of) order! Yay!

Maggie said...

Wow, it's really coming along. Great to finally see the long talked about addition. You will be so happy that you did it.

heather carlson said...

How fun! I know you'd talked about it before, I'm so glad that you're getting it. I'll still be talking about what I want to do to my house for years to come I'm sure.

amy jensen said...

Yea, it's finally happening!! Exciting times! Can't wait to see the pictures when it's done.

Emily said...

Wow!!! They seem to be putting it all up really fast. We can't wait to see it when we come up next. Miss you guys!!

Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

Wow, how nice and exciting for your family. As always a great job and no doubt a fun project for Jason to participate in! We are anxious to see it when it is complete. Thanks for keeping us updated on the blog, sorry it has taken me awile to sign on again. I will eventually get it. Love Mom Hansen.