Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Big 40!!

 

My big brother turns 40 this week. That makes me feel old, as I'm only 4 years younger. Sheesh!
We celebrated by gathering my entire family at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner.
Everyone was there (minus my Aunt) and we had a great dinner and a fun time. The cousins always have a blast when they get to see each other. The grown ups get in a few good laughs too. As I've thought of my brother's birthday, and what to get him, I kept thinking about little things from our years growing up together. Little things would bring back fun memories like...
baseball cards - the many hours we spent on his bedroom floor sorting out his teams & players
CD's - the different music influences he had on me like KISS, Oingo Boingo, etc.
lemon heads - our many trips to the local liquor store for candy, junk food
Dairy Queen - our house was one block away from D.Q. - we spent many summer nights there
sugar cubes - sneaking & eating them from the back of my Dad's shop counter by the coffee maker
army men - Mike blasting their heads off in the backyard with fire crackers

These are just a few - I thought of many more and shared some with him. I hope he has a very Happy Birthday and knows how much he is loved! Happy Birthday big brother!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe how big your family is getting. Cute kids...you guys have some good genes!!!

nikki said...

That was sweet about your brother and I love your new template, it got me in the spirit of Christmas! Yay!