Friday, September 12, 2008

We're 'Stoked!'

 


We stopped by the Fire Station a few days ago to say hi to Daddy. He and his crew were working on some training. They decided to use Blake as their next "patient." He excitedly volunteered! Daddy strapped him in to the Stokes (the basket). It's quite a long process to tie all those straps properly and I was impressed watching Jason use his learned techniques.
Posted by Picasa





Doesn't that look fun?




Here Blake is... ready to go!



Alli wanted her turn too!



Don't worry... that's not my little Blakie up there in that basket! They did that before we got there. But isn't it cool?

I love that my hubby can do this type of rescue. When there are emergencies, as in the Metrolink crash today, it's good to know these guys are well trained! They continue their training constantly to stay on top of things and be ready when needed! Ventura County Fire did send rescue help to the accident site to assist. Jason was called in from home to cover at the station because they sent out his Engine. If today had been his regular work day, he would be there. I pray for all the people and their families that are suffering at this time. It's very sad.

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Go Jason! Looks like Blake had fun! They even showed that Metrolink crash on our local news. Scary! It's so fun that your kids get to do all the fun things that every kid wants to do at a fire station.....and nice that occasionally, friends get to come along for the fun too.

Melissa C. said...

My brother's fiance's dad (or should I say, my brother's future father-in-law), was on that train. He was really lucky, and only broke his arm, but one of his friends passed away in the crash. So sad!

Beccarigg said...

Fun! Jason has such a cool job! That's so great that Blake got to be the volunteer! Cute that Alli got a turn too!

Heather said...

Very exciting! My kids would love to do something like that! If we went to visit Bryan at work we might get to see some ded bugs ;)

Helen said...

How cool for Blake. Yeah, I can't get over that train crash...we just never know. I'm glad there are people like your husband who do stay on top of things to help others out when there is need.

Kate said...

Clever post title! The kids look like they're having fun, but so do Jason, Rod and the other firemen! :) Neat for everyone.

M said...

We once did a drill and set up a fake accident scene for my dad it was so fun, my aunts baby was even asleep in his car seat in the back of the car and we even dribbled a little fake blood on his forhead for effect... I'll never forget it I think I was 8 or 9. We stayed in my parents 5th wheel while were in CA and they have this family pic when it was just Bailey and Dallin, JOsh wasn't married, Jared and Maria just barely so the family was still small and we took it with Garden Grove FD Tshirts on, on the Fire Truck... Carter throws a fit whenever he is not in a pciture, he does not understand the concept of he wasnt born yet, the next day he says Papa can you take me to see the fire trucks sometime... poor kid, since my dad retired in '01 alot of the younger kids missed out on that experience, he said next time we come down he will call in some favors, boys and their "toys"... how fun for your kids to see and interact with Dad in "action"

Monica said...

Rod didn't tell me about this one. What merry entertainment a firefighting husband provides!
~Monica