Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thirty six....

thirty six houses on a street?
thirty six flowers in a bouquet?
thirty six lego creations on my dining room table?
thirty six minutes til my favorite TV show is on?
thirty six candles on my birthday cake?

Yep... you guessed it....it's the last one. Thirty six candles this year and my family made sure they counted out every last one!

I was pampered from morning til night by my sweet husband and children. They took me to brunch in the morning, and then sent me off shopping by myself for HOURS!! Jason took all the kids for the whole day! When I got home they made me dinner and gave me some nice gifts. I got a yummy chocolate, chocolate chip cake from "Nothing Bundt Cakes" which was soooo delicious! I guess turning thirty six wasn't so bad after all. I know I'm loved and that counts for a whole lot!







9 comments:

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday!!! Of course, I missed it again. What a bad friend I am. It looks like you had a great day!!

Helen said...

Sounds like you were pampered the way you should be! Happy Birthday!

Melissa C. said...

Happy Birthday!

M said...

you're not that old, LOL! When did this happen to us, it used to seem old to me, and I guess coinsidering you have 4 and I have 5 we must be "getting older" but considering my dad is 61 and he still kayaks the Kern River and we went down the Provo River a few weeks ago its all perspective, right? We are "young moms:)" Just with lotsa kids, LOL! HOw fun and thoughtful!

Kate said...

Hey, we are the same age!... for a few weeks anyway. Happiest of Birthdays to you! It's great to see your family make your day so special for you. Now let's celebrate "friends style!"

Kate said...

p.s. NBCakes are so cute and yummy!

Beccarigg said...

Happy birthday! You look amazing as ever!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Nicole! What a great day - I am so jealous! Tell your hubby to talk to mine - he has 7 months to plan it.
Where is this NB Cakes place? I need to check it out.

Brigette Little said...

It's funny how that happens, isn't it? Everytime I see somone my age in a magazine lately, I find myself wondering, "HMMM, do I look that old?"

Glad you had a great birthday, and it's been so fun to look over your blog and catch up!