Thursday, July 10, 2008

You're a Grand 'ol Flag...

It has now been one year since I started this blog. It's been a fun resource for sharing our happenings (good & bad). We especially enjoy having this outlet to hear from friends and family near and far! Thanks everyone for your love and support!


 

We celebrated for two days, only one of which I have pictures though.
On July 3rd Daddy took us to Zuma Beach and it was gorgeous. I forgot my camera.
Later that night we went to Arroyo Vista Park for the annual Moorpark 4th of July fireworks show (always held on the 3rd of July.. not sure why). I forgot my camera.
On July 4th we got up early and went to the ward pancake breakfast. yummy. The kids brought bikes and got to ride around with their friends too. It was a great start to our day. I forgot my camera.
Later that evening we went to the Fire Station to have a BBQ dinner with Daddy. He cooked and that was a nice treat for me! I had my camera, but forgot to take it out of the car. In my defense, they got a call before we finished eating and never came back. Not many photo opportunities.
After leaving the fire station, we went to a chapel in Simi Valley for their annual events and great view of the fireworks show. I have to say, it was one of the best I've ever seen. The finale was like none I've ever seen before. It was exciting. And guess what? I remembered my camera and was able to get one family shot. I sure blew it! But the memories are still there. It was a great celebration for us, and remembrance of our liberties and freedoms we enjoy in this country!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Maggie said...

I know I say this all the time, but could her outfit be any cuter???? I love it. Alli is such a cutie! Great pictures. It reminds me of the years we spent at Arroyo Vista Park on the 3rd of July. We miss being so close to you guys.

Emily said...

So Ty and I were talking about how much we loved that 4th of July firework show that one year we came up, it was the best we had ever been too by far. Maybe next year??!?!?! HaHa!!!! Miss you!

The Hoggan Family said...

So fun that you had all the fun times, sorry about the camera (brain fart). I love seeing your cute family! I didn't see any fireworks this year how sad huh?!?!? Maybe we should come visit you. Barrett still wants to go camping/boating. Let's make it happen!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

What adorable Grandkids we have! Everyone looks so Happy, of course Alli is as cute as ever, and Blake Papa and I noticed what shirt your wearing , glad you like it!!! What a fun 4th of July!!! We were thinking of all of you. Love papa and nana xoxoxo

Melissa C. said...

I love Alli's outfit! You got some great pictures, so I guess it doesn't matter that you forgot your camera so many times. :)