Friday, December 7, 2007

Stranded!

 


Well, the week of Thanksgiving, Jason was stuck on a strike team in San Bernardino for 6 days. The winds were supposed to be bad, and the State was stationing many engines throughout So. Cal to be ready for a quick response in case we had another bad firestorm. He was basically stuck in this parking lot the entire time. We were lucky to visit him on our way home from our Thanksgiving trip. That was a treat for the kids! After he came home, he was stuck for 3 more days at the fire station. It's been a long time since he's been gone for such a long period of time. We missed you Daddy!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Emily said...

I am so sad that we missed you at Thanksgiving. That had to suck for Jay to be there away from his family. Allison is the cutest girl I have seen. She seems to always being smiling. We miss you!

Kate said...

I can't believe he was out that long! I wish I knew and had you over!! You're my hero for hanging in there doing such an amazing job singlehandedly when needed. Please call us for anything, any time!!Glad he's home again. :)

Helen said...

Wow, what a bummer. You are amazing to handle everything by yourself for days all the time!

Helen said...

Oh, and I know i've never told you this before....ever...(heehee)...but I LOVE how you dress Alli. Its adorable!

Okay, that may have been the millionth time i've told you.

Melissa C. said...

Seriously, I don't know how you do it. And Alli is SO DANG CUTE! I'm extremely jealous of the pigtails. Emma won't allow them anymore at all! She figured out how to pull at the roots of her hair to get them out. Silly girl!

Kate said...

I'm just now seeing picture. It didn't show before. I'm loving Alli's boots! She is one stylin' gal!

g said...

What a bummer! I'm sorry you didn't get the Thanksgiving you wanted. I love all the pictures, though :)

M said...

I remember the days of my dad being gone for holidays and for stretches of time - it always seems long when you are a kid... but, I am sure LONGER when you are the MOM of the kids, LOL! I can only appreciate that now, being a mom when David goes away on business! But, going to the station was always a treat, I remember many Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter dinners at the firehouse!