Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our New Baby

 

A few days before Christmas we gave the kids an early gift - a puppy!! What were we thinking??!! No, really, she's so sweet, but it's like having a newborn without a diaper on. The first few nights were sleepless as she adjusted to her new home and missing her brothers and sisters. She has settled in well and LOVES the kids and they love her as well! We are also adjusting as it is a lot of work. She is a golden labrador and we wanted to name her something to remind us of the holidays. After much debate we decided on "Holly." We thought of Holly Berry, not to be confused with "Halle Berry." But we mostly call her Holly. I'm sure updates with the adventures of Holly will follow. Stay tuned...
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Stacie said...

So cute and so much fun for the kids! There is something about a boy and a dog. I love how Allie is already putting the food in the water dish. I once caught Lexi with the hose on filling up the bag of dog food.

Melissa C. said...

Isaac is going to be excited to meet your puppy. He got a yellow lab Webkinz for Christmas. That's as close as he's going to get to the real thing! :)

g said...

Awwww! What a cute puppy! It looks like your kids are loving her:)

Emily said...

I love your dog! She is so cute. I want one so bad, but not till Daylen can take care of it!

Maggie said...

What a cute doggy...she will grow up fast. We need to come down and see her (and you guys) before she gets much bigger.

Nicole said...

You're welcome any time Mags!

Helen said...

I had to come on here after hearing you talk about her last night! She is ADORABLE! How fun for the kids!

gingerdee said...

okay, I'm very glad she's not at my house, but I must admit, she is so so so cute! I love puppies! I bet my kids would too. uh, we'll just come play with yours because I don't think we'll be getting one anytime soon!

rebecca said...

I love the pic of Allie pushing her in the stroller. Cute!

Kate said...

We just saw Darren taking her for a walk outside and my kids HAD to jump out of the car to run see her. She really is a CUTE puppy.

Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

Wow, your Mommie and Daddy finally broke down and got you the best Christmas Gift ever "Holly", that is the gift that will keep on giving, licks and more licks! Can hardly wait to meet her and to love her, Nana is a big dog lover, would love to have one now! So cute with Alli pushing her in the stroller, our girls use to push Muffy in their baby buggy! Enjoy! Papa and Nana, thanks for the Blog Nicole love it!

cwalsh said...

love it!!!