Monday, August 16, 2010

July 4th Celebration!

After our week in Sequoia, we went back to Maggie's new house (in Visalia) for some R&R. We spent a week there, relaxing, swimming, lunching, going to the movies, BBQ-ing, manicures & pedicures, and just enjoying each others' company! We had a blast as usual.
I can't believe I only brought out my camera one of the days we were there. It was 4th of July. It's legal to do your own fireworks there so the guys headed over to the corner fireworks stand and bought the supply for our gang! I love that my kids get this opportunity to do sparklers and fountains like I did as a kid.

4th BBQ:


A little down time out of the sun:


Let the fireworks begin:









Maggie's new house:




The boys entertained us with more skits before the sun went down. This one here they copied from a skit done at camp. Between us Maggie & I have 7 boys, and they are hysterical together. They did a skit where they say "WE ARE MEN IN CAMP SHIRTS...." and then act out whatever comes next. Since the younger boys didn't have camp shirts, they changed it to "WE ARE MEN IN NO SHIRTS..... modeling!" So they chant together the first phrase and then pause and all of a sudden strike a pose. Maybe you had to be there, but we were laughing so hard!!




The ultimate slumber party in the loft:


Summer isn't summer without spending a week at the Schimelpfenings!! Thanks as always for a great time!!

p.s. - Our last night there, and intruder came in the house at 3:30a.m.!!! Maggie got up and saw lights on in the house, walked out of her room and saw him at the opposite end of her hallway. He turned and walked out into the garage and rode off down the street on her son's bicycle. CRAZY!! Luckily nothing more was taken and we were all safe, but it was pretty upsetting.

7 comments:

Maggie said...

I love it...and I did laugh out loud at the modeling picture!!! You left out the part about the intruder. :-)I can't believe we didn't take and mani/pedi pictures. At least you got some good shots of July 4th. Maybe you guys can come up again in the winter and the boys can all go skiing/snowboarding.

Nicole said...

Oh! I meant to add the intruder! I'll have to go back. And I've been kicking myself ever since the mani/pedi that I didn't bring a camera... especially since I promised you that after my mani/pedi post of Alli!! hee hee

Beccarigg said...

oh my goodness, Alli looks SO much like you in that first pic of her!! What a pretty little lady! Sounds like such a blast. Especially loving the boys and their skit pics, that model pose is a riot!!

Scary about someone breaking in! Glad no one was hurt and he only got away with a bike. That would've freaked me out!

Maggie said...

I need to add the comment that Andrew just said when he saw the modeling picture......."That's humiliating!"

Brigette Little said...

Sounds like you guys have had a fun summer! I love the picture of all the boys posing. How funny. My family had a motorhome growing up and we had the best times.

rebecca said...

So scary!

Maggie's house looks so nice! Fun that you got to enjoy real fireworks. It's pretty lame that we can't even have sparklers here. What's the fun in that?!

Kate said...

Sounds like a fun week with friends! Funny skit idea! We were glad to get to do our own fireworks in Bakersfield too.

Intruder at night... while you were there? SCARY! Thankfully, Maggie scared him out of there. Great new house they have!