Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Allison's Candyland Birthday!

Many of you have been asking me for photos of Allison's birthday party. For those who don't know, I planned for months for Alli's Candyland party. I basically turned my backyard into a live version of the Candyland board game. Unfortunately, I don't have the best pictures from the day to show all that we did. I was too busy with 15 3 and 4 year olds to man the camera. So Jason was in charge of the camera and didn't take as many as I would have liked, or the kind I would like. Oh well. Here are a few of what we have:

This is where the game board begins. It's Plumpy's Gingerbread Plum Trees. The bushes on the left are covered in purple balloons for plums. The kids drew the color cards from the actual board game and moved the yellow 'game piece' on the colored spaces taped to the ground.


The first stop was 'Peppermint Forrest.' They played a bowling game with red/white striped pins and won a red/white striped chinese yo-yo and candy cane stickers. In the background, the snowflakes are part of Queen Frostine's area, which came later.


My dear friend Kate helped me by doing the lettering for Alli's birthday sign. I added colored cardstock and ribbon to finish the look. I love how this turned out! Thanks Kate!



This is the Lollipop Woods where they played a ring toss game to win lollipops. Yum!


There were other stations and activities that I don't have good pics of. We did a musical chairs-type game in Gumdrop Mountains, laced Fruit Loops on necklace when stopped at Lord Licorice, etc.

I loved the idea of my cake, but I ran out of time to do the finishing touches. I had candies to trim it with and a few other items, but just couldn't make it happen. But Allison thought it was great, and that's really all that matters!






Cousins Hannah & Gavin


Happy Birthday to my baby girl, who is growing up way too fast!!

7 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! Nicole!! You are amazing!! I am so impressed and can't get over how adorable that came out! What a lucky little girl to have such a special birthday party. I'm going to have you plan the rest of my kids' parties for me!! Seriously awesome!

Jamie Jo said...

Super cute ideas! In a way, I hope Rebecca gets into Candyland so I can do a birthday just like this one, but then again, it means I would have to play the game over and over and over!

AmyJune said...

I LOVE it. That is the coolest cake EVER. Great job Nicole.

rebecca said...

I so wish I could have seen it in real life! It looks amazing. Great job! The cake is crazy brilliant. I really love the plum balloons and where did you get a life size yellow game piece? So cute!

Nicole said...

Ha! Ha! I made the yellow game piece w/ styrofoam and covered it with yellow cardstock, then painted the open edges with yellow poster paints that the kids had. He turned out soooo cute! Remind me to show him to you. I can't bring myself to throw him away yet.

Helen said...

Looks fun!

Kate said...

What a DREAMland for kids!! I know the twins loved every minute! You did an incredible job transforming your backyard. I got to see that, but I missed the CAKE!! Get out of town!!! You are the bomb bday party mom!