Thursday, September 24, 2009

FIRE!


Jason has had an exciting few days, being involved with the fire here in Moorpark. He had already been gone for 5 days when the fire broke out. They kept him another day. He came home for a mandatory 24 rest period this morning. Thankfully he lives close enough to come home, otherwise he would have to sleep on the fire truck or on a cot at the command center. Here is a pic the LA Times took of Jason and his crew in action. Jason is hard to see... he's behind the front guy in the red helmet. Jason is working the controls of the water pumps.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I'm glad that Jason finally got to have some rest!! Great picture!!

Becky M said...

Thanks, Jason!! I'm always a little surprised at how emotional I get when I see all the firetrucks drive past my house. Thanks for all they do to protect us! :)

Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

Just glad J is o.k. Aunt Pat called and was worried about Jason. Mom and I worry about J when he's on the fires. Love Mom and Dad...

AmyJune said...

Amazing picture. Thanks Jason.

Helen said...

That's so awesome. I hope you're keeping all of these shots of Jason in action! Thanks Jason!