Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Mischief Maker


 

When it's too quiet in the house, I know I need to go looking for Allison. On this particular day, I was washing the dinner dishes and I said to Jason, "I haven't heard Alli in a while. I wonder what she's up to?" I finished up my chore and decided I should find her. I went up the stairs to find her sitting on her bedroom floor, finger painting with a bottle of white-out that she hand dumped upside down. It was a nice, new, full bottle she found in her brother's bedroom. I grabbed her and threw her in the bath, and yelled for Jason to come work on cleaning up the floor. It wasn't until I got her in the bathroom that I realized that the white-out was completely DRY! It took Jason an hour to scrub it off her wood floor. I didn't get a picture of the floor because I spent the next 45 minutes scrubbing Alli's arms and legs in the bathtub. Even then, I only got it off her hands. We had to wait til the next day to work on her legs some more. It did not dissolve in water as I had hoped. I tried lots of soaps, cleaners, removers and nothing worked to get it off! We had to SCRUB! Poor baby. A month later it is still on her toe nails. This 'girl' sure keeps me on my toes!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Maggie said...

I am so glad that you got pictures of it on her. I think that is probably one of the top Alli stories I've heard...I really think I see a book in your future...The Many Mischievous Moments of Alli's life..hee hee.

Emily said...

HAHAHAHAH...that is all I could say. So glad that hasn't happened to me yet!

rebecca said...

YIKES! Naughty Alli. Good thing she's so cute. That's how they get away with things like this.

Melissa C. said...

I can't believe how much she and Emma are alike! This is totally something Emma would do. I seriously can't turn my back on her. She's SO naughty ALL the time! Maybe it's a good thing we moved away. Imagine the mischief they could get into together! :)

Jill said...

When I first saw the picture I thought it was Desetin (sp?)on her hands. We had a moment like that in the past. But white-out! Such a naughty, but adorable little girl!

Monica said...

Sounds like familiar fun to me. :P

Beccarigg said...

Oh my goodness! That is so something that I can see happening at my house! I better go lock up all our whiteout ; ) She sure is cute though, whiteout hands and all : )