Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning!

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Christmas morning was torture for my kids this year!  Jason had to work Christmas Eve, and didn't get off duty until 8am on Christmas morning.  We got home late from Riverside the night before, so I hoped they would sleep in. Yeah, right! But they were given strict instructions to NOT wake anybody and STAY in their rooms if they did wake up before Dad got home.  I put some of their new gifts in their rooms, ones they had received from Grandparents & cousins the night before. They were allowed to play with those while waiting for Dad. I even put up a baby gate in the middle of the hallway so I'd hear them if they tried to sneak.  They all did really well! But I don't think they could have waited another minute! Good thing Dad got home when he did!
Posted by Picasa
We had a wonderful Christmas day. It was relaxing and enjoyable. We didn't have to rush off to anyone's house. We had Jason's Grandma, Lola Zeitler, with us from Christmas Eve until the following Sunday. It was nice to spend time with her and have the kids get to bond with her for those few days also.  Over the next couple days we had Christmas celebrations with my Mom and with Jason's family. It was an extended Christmas in a way. I enjoyed spreading it out over the course of a few days, and feeling the spirit of Christmas a bit longer.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Nice gun Darren!I'm glad that you guys could have such a great Christmas....holidays make me sad that we live so far away from each other.

Emily said...

We had a blast coming up to your home. Thanks again for all everything.

rebecca said...

Yes, torture! Good kids though. No barricade could stop Larkin, that's for sure. :)

I'm glad you're back to blogging. I need to get my Christmas pics up. So much to do. Always.

Jenni said...

Yeah, Alli finally got her kitchen. I know you've been looking forward to that even before she was born.

Nicole said...

Jenni - I still kept wishing it was like the one Joshua had when he was 2. I thought this one would be nicer- I mean, it's perfect for her right now, but I wish it was like that one.