Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy 13th!

 

Jason planned a surprise overnighter in Solvang for our Anniversary! What a sweetheart! I love how he does those fun things for us! He made reservations where we had the most delicious dinner, then a couples massage at our B&B. It was a quaint little place called the "Story Book Inn." Unfortunately, the rest of our plans were thwarted! During the massage a blood blister on Jason's calf (he didn't know that's what it was at the time) got popped internally, which caused him excruciating pain all the way into the next couple days. He couldn't even walk so we missed the entire Solvang "atmosphere" and walking around the shops. We drove home early and Jason spent 5 hours at the Emergency Room to find out he just has to let it take time to heal. The muscles are being irritated by the blood. Yuck! It was still nice to "get away" and I'm thankful to my honey for the thought and planning for our special day! We'll just have to go do it again soon!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Heather said...

How awesome and what a bummer! I love it when husbands do stuff like that! The blood blister thing sounds like something that would happen to me! I always get the weird stuff that is difficult to diagnose and usually no one has ever heard of it actually happening to someone they know! I hope Jason's leg is feeling better!

Emily said...

How fun is that! I bet the boys were so proud to show off their daddy!

Helen said...

How fun! Thats a bummer about the blister, but atleast you guys got a little get-away. Awesome that he planned that by himself-very thoughtful!

AmyJune said...

What a great/horrible experience. Kudos to Jason for planning such a great trip and I hope he is feeling better.

Melissa C. said...

I love Solvang. David and I like going there together! Sorry it didn't work out exactly as planned, though.

Beccarigg said...

Congratulations on 13 years!! A couples massage sounds so heavenly! I'm sorry that things kind of went sour after that! Still, you have a very sweet and thoughtful husband to plan something like that for you.

Ron & Charlene Hansen said...

Memories never to be Forgotten...Good job son in planning something special for your 13th wedding anniversary! Dad and I love Solvang, just think of the money you saved not shopping in the shops, uh? Nicole you look so good, for being the mother of 4 very active children! Jason is blessed to have you and vice-a-versa.

M said...

YEAH for the 13th, is it weird we have been married that long? (well almost for David and I on May 13th) This is a special year for us, cuz my bday is Oct 13, David's is Jan 13th and we married on May 13th and kinda cool we will be married 13 years now! How much fun for you guys! We need to plan something fun to do too?

Kate said...

My goodness, you've been busy catching up, or maybe it's me getting caught up! I loved hearing about your anniv. and then reading it again. How is that leg? Sweet getaway!

The motorcyle riding looked like "killer fun", and how cool is that to have your fireman dad bring his truck to school?!?!